Orkin Canada is a pest & wildlife control service with more than 30 locations across Canada. Seeking to improve their backlink profile, grow visibility, and drive more traffic, they enlisted the help of seoplus+ for a Digital PR campaign.
Download Case Study
- Grow backlink profile
- Grow visibility
- Drive more traffic
- On October 11, Orkin Canada released an infographic highlighting Ontario’s Top 25 “Rattiest” Cities in 2021.
- The COVID-19 pandemic caused an immediate and potentially long-term impact on the rodent population, from behavioural changes to ecological adjustments.
- The abrupt changes forced these critters to adapt to their surroundings quickly in order to survive.
- This infographic campaign was launched as a guide and a reminder for homeowners and business owners to utilize these prevention tips to keep rodents out of their properties.
- The company ranked 25 of the “rattiest cities” from collected data on the rat and mice treatments conducted between August 1, 2020, to July 31, 2021.
- With Toronto ranked at the top spot, Ottawa in 4th and Kitchener landing in the 25th spot, this infographic was picked up by many high-traffic websites from local to national media outlets.
- The aftermath of this campaign was that many of these outlets did not include a high-quality link back to Orkin Canada’s website.
- These backlinks are extremely valuable from an SEO perspective.
- The Digital PR team at seoplus+ identified this issue at hand when the campaign was first released.
- We recognized that building links back to the Orkin Canada infographic would greatly impact their SEO metrics, increase lead generation, and create further buzz around this campaign.
- To address this, we searched for articles that covered the Rattiest Cities campaign, but did not link back to Orkin Canada and we reached out to each journalist and editor and requested a backlink pointing back to orkincanada.ca.
- Out of 35 outlets who shared the infographic, we generated 5 successful do-follow backlinks for those that didn’t originally link back to orkincanada.ca.
- High-traffic media outlets like Toronto Star and Daily Hive included a do-follow backlink
- Increased the total number of backlinks by 26%
- Referral leads spiked by over 2000%
- The increased number of high quality backlinks have resulted in an increased number of organic sessions on their website